From 1st May 2020, people aged 16 years and over who are registered with any Lowestoft practice including Kirkley Mill Surgery, can access a First Contact Physiotherapy Service directly without the need to see a doctor or contact the surgery first.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic initially this service will be conducted over the phone. Phone Pure Physiotherapy on 01603 791190 to access the service. (After the pandemic, face to face appointments will be available).
The First Contact Physiotherapists can assess you and diagnose what’s happening, give expert advice on how best to manage your condition and refer you on to specialist services if necessary. They are confident they will be able to help patients even when conducting telephone reviews at this time due to COVID-19.
Problems the First Contact Physio service can help with:
- All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries
- Arthritis – any joint
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bone e.g. tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains etc.
- Spinal pain including lower back pain, mid-back pain and neck pain
- Spinal-related pain in arms or legs including nerve symptoms e.g. ‘pins and needles’ or numbness
- Changes to walking
- Post-orthopaedic surgery
- Patients currently waiting for a normal physiotherapy service appointment/on waiting list
Once the First Contact Physio has had a telephone consultation with you they will write to your usual GP letting the GP know their working diagnosis of your problem and the management plan they have given you.
This is an NHS service organised through the Lowestoft Primary Care Network of GP practices.