Prescription Ordering Direct (POD)
The NHS prescription ordering direct (POD) service is an easy way for you to order your repeat prescription by telephone.
The NHS POD is operated by Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG and has dedicated handlers, trained to take requests for repeat prescriptions. If you are a patient registered with this practice you can call the NHS POD to order your repeat medication.
Telephone: 01502 718615
This service is for repeat medication. Requests will not be taken for acute medication or urgent prescriptions.
Patients are advised to:
- Check your medication cupboard before ordering
- We ask patients to order their prescription when they have 7 days of medication left
- If you have a build up of medication, please let the POD know, so that they can adjust the quantities so that everything falls in line
- Please do not order ‘just in case’. If you need medication in the future then you will be able to request it
- Let the POD know if you have stopped taking any of your medication
Telephone lines are open between 08:00 – 16:30 Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and bank holidays). Outside of these hours or if you are having trouble accessing the line at any time you may request a call back using their online form.