Are you a carer?
If you are, please let us know and we may be able to help you.
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring.
- Taking a break – Caring for someone can be a full-time job, but it’s essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
- Housing and carers – Do you know your tenancy rights as a carer? Are you aware of all your care at home options? Do you need tips on moving someone around the home?
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers – Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the person you care for – Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to
- Death and benefits – How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Managing someone’s legal affairs – Advice for when carers find they have to take over the legal affairs of the person they are looking after
- Personal and household finance – Advice on keeping a tight reign on household and personal finance for carers
- Tax credits – Information on claiming tax credits and whether you might be eligible
- Social fund – How to pay for care and support, and where you can get help with costs
Contact Carers Direct
Telephone: 0808 802 0202
Lines are open 08:00 – 21:00 Monday to Friday, 11:00 – 16:00 at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.