Suffolk GP Federation is a not-for-profit organisation owned by 58 GP practices covering 580,000 patients. Members remain independent organisations, whilst working together to develop local primary care.
The Federation employs around 350 staff and was established with a one off financial contribution from the Government.
It was formed to:
- Help GP practices work together in an open, democratic and transparent way
- Address issues which can be solved through collaboration (rather than by individual practices)
- Provide management, skills and expertise that an individual practice would find difficult to finance
It has two main areas of activity:
1. Supporting general practice
- Supporting complex service changes through collaboration between groups of practices or the transfer of work from hospitals into the community
- Leading a Suffolk wide workforce development programme including GP recruitment and retention, support for salaried and locum GPs, practice managers, nurses, administration staff and other healthcare professionals
- Delivering general practice services where it is sensible for one organisation to take a lead
2. Patient services
Suffolk GP Federation manages a portfolio of services including:
If you would like more information, please visit the Suffolk GP Federation website or email firstname.lastname@example.org